Tuesday, March 1, 2011

classy oscar awards

     so I missed most of the oscars this year, but didn't mind all that much. I did however look into who was wearing what on the red carpet.
     overall, most were dressed better than at the music awards. it was a toss up between who was best dressed this year between mila, natalie, and sandra. mila just looked drop dead sexy as usual, and natalie stunned me in her plum colored dress. yet sandra's red dress just shows off her figure so well, and was sleek as well as flowing off of her.
    
     sandra bullock's red dress rode the fine line between hugging her body just tight enough in all the right places and draping loosely around her legs. that is why she takes best dressed this year.

     red is one of the best colors for a dress. it's the same for cars, red means fast, dangerous, and exciting. a red dress catches the attention of people like red cars attract the attention of law enforcement, but slip up, and you might just wind up with a speeding ticket. sandra bullock is a perfect example of how to wear a hott red dress like this one.
     although this picture of her is not the most flattering, it really shows how this dress captures her figure and wraps around her legs like she's a bouquet of flowers.
     the back of her dress I was not fond of at first, but it almost reminds me of a tie draped down her back turing into the bottom of her dress.
     I have always though sandra bullock was gorgeous. its her face, I really adore. some disagree, but I think she's a beautiful woman.




     now for worst dressed. normally I love picking people's fashion choices apart, but this next dress just confuses me. cate blanchette just looks lost in this dress.

     for some reason I am reminded of dining china when I see this dress. doesn't it look like a dinner plate covering her chest? I think so. and the lace around it doesn't help either. I don't really know how to save this dress. if it were white instead of doctor's office pink/tan it would look better, but with the color it has and the yellow at the top, it's just not pleasing to the eye.
     she should have just skipped over the dress entirely and worn something that suits her better.
     oh yeah, and the part of the dress covering her shoulders looks like printer paper..

     overall, the dinner plate on top of blank white paper is just bizarre, and not in a creative good way. worst dress of the night by far.
     she still looks elegant the way she stands and the way she did her hair, just needs help in her dress choice.

2 comments:

  1. Sandra all the way,its good to see a guy blogging keep it up who cares if you play sport or do this or do that as long as you enjoy blogging go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sandra Bullock, she always looks great. I didn't think Cate Blanchette was the worst dressed , but definitely in that category. I felt like her dress could have been so much better. I was just a contradiction to me, with the Structure like shoulders and the delicate fabric on the chest and skirt.

    Anyway, love what you wrote.

    -Aisha

    ReplyDelete